Clegg Turf Soil Impact Tester
The 2.25kg Turf Clegg is a Impact Soil Tester designed and manufactured for an easy and straightforward means for measuring the hardness condition of sports surfaces.
This model Clegg hammer provides good prediction of ball bounce for cricket surfaces and football pitches. Also used for equestrian surface checks, the instrument is used to confirm uniform surface characteristics over play areas and horse tracks.
The impact tester provides a quick and accurate method for monitoring variations in strength and for helping to determine the uniformity of an area. An example of its simplest application is to help determine soft spots or hard areas.
The CIST/883 display, similiar to the roading units above, registers the hardness values in units of Gravities (Gm). The Gm value is an indication of soil strength.
The Clegg Turf Impact Soil Tester features a durable very rugged design, suitable for prolonged use in dirty and harsh site environments.
The CIST/883 readout unit is made from high strength alloy that has been proven to last for decades. This model runs on 2 x AA batteries, typically giving up to 12 months operation.
- Model Number CIST/883/2K25K/Stor/Blu.
- Hammer Weight 2.25Kg
- Readout Display (alphanumeric) Vertical display with readout unit clamped to Guide Tube – Easy to view.
- Readout Range Up to 500 Gravities (Gm) in 1 Gm steps.
- Power Source Low power 3V: From two ‘AA’ Cells located in battery holder at base of readout. Sealed to IP67. 12 Month typical battery life.
- Power ‘On’ & Controls Single push button. Auto switch off after 5 minutes from last reading.
- Data Storage in Readout Flash Memory for up to 10,000 x 3-drop test readings. Each field contains the 3 drop Gm readings, time & date of each test & result validity pass/fail flag.
- Data Transfer Method Bluetooth Wireless data transfer. No cables & hence hassle free connection to Windows XP PC or laptop. Bluetooth USB Dongle provided.
- Data Type when Transferred Comma Separated Variable (CSV) data for manipulation in third party packages such as Microsoft Excel™. 9,999 x 3-drop test storage & output.
- Readout Displaying %CBR Software Selectable %CBR display from CIST/883 LCD.
- Readout Q. A. Firmware Software Selectable TREND Algorithm checks inter-Gm readings & Readout advises user if surface being tested has failed (Readout displays ‘ABORT’).
- System Software PC Software provided from SDi to facilitate data transfer, real time test view, time/date setting and configuration set-up. Very easy to use.
- Transit & Storage Case Type CIST/WTS/09. Wooden case for added protection in transit.
- Size & Weight (approx). 71 x 13 x 13 cm. Instrument weight 4.6 Kg. Packed weight in case 10Kg.
- Warranty 12 months.
|Clegg Turf Soil Impact Tester||